Administrative Assistant Position
Come make a difference!
The Anglican Parish of Christ Church is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to support its ministerial staff and church office operations. This is a one year temporary full-time position (37.5hrs/week). The successful candidate will be self-motivated with professional demeanor and presence, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and excellent verbal communication and inter-personal skills. They should be comfortable in a church environment and have knowledge of the church calendar, language and structures. They must possess strong organizational skills, proficiency in office procedures, and methods to ensure work flow, knowledge of office computers and software (Microsoft Office Suite). This person must be able to multi-task, be flexible in their job routine, work as a team member in a collaborative environment, and relate well to other church staff, parishioners and visitors.
Salary is commensurate based on experience. See the following detailed position description for specific duties and required skills.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter outlining their interest in the position and the gifts and skills they possess along with resume. Applications will be accepted by mail or email at the addresses below until the position is filled. Resumes will be reviewed as received.
Application Closing: June 1st, 2017
Start Date: June 15, 2017
Mail to: 12116 102 Ave. Edmonton, AB T5N 0L6
Or email to: email@example.com
The individual in this position provides administrative support in carrying out the operational responsibilities of the church office. This individual is also the primary administrative assistant for the rector of the parish. The successful candidates carries out these functions while providing a cheerful and organized atmosphere for all who enter or contact the church, meeting the needs of staff, guests, volunteers, and parishioners with care and discretion.
- • General reception duties and answering the telephone.
- • Manage parish rentals
- • Prepare weekly bulletin for Sunday services
- • Prepare lay rosters for sidespersons, servers, readers, intercessors, cashiers, nursery volunteers, communion assistants
- • Assist in the clerical work for weddings, funerals and baptisms
- • Human resources support
- • Other duties as assigned
Administrative and Clerical Support for the rector of the parish
Provide administrative support for the rector of the parish: including scheduling appointments, meetings and travel requirements, preparing and mailing correspondence, emails, handling messages and in-coming mail; preparing reports, presentations, etc.
Special Skills, Knowledge and Training – The Administrative Assistant should:
1. Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in an Administrative Assistant position, preferably supporting multiple people.
2. Experience working in a church/religious environment is an asset
3. Have strong clerical skills to include: 1. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite programs
2. Proficiency with desktop publishing, Facebook and/or web page skills are an asset.
4. Strong organizational skills.
5. Have effective verbal, writing and editorial skills (proficient in English).
6. Have a caring attitude, excellent people skills, high integrity and exercise strict discretion and confidentiality.